Monday, October 5, 2015

Apache & Roosevelt Lake Trip

Sunshine, water, friends, laughter, and lots of memories... This past weekend Joylin, Joanna, Justin, and I went with Juliana and her dad to have some fun cruising on the lake in their boat.  We spent all day Saturday on Apache Lake and Sunday morning on Roosevelt Lake.  Tubing and wake boarding were the most popular water sports we did.  Bro. Tim did knee-boarding and skiing, Juliana did skiing as well.  Most of the pictures and videos we took are on Bro. Tim's camera but we do have quite a few off our phones.

Here are a few tubing "wreck" videos, because that's really the only part that everyone waits for!!! :D


Joanna pulled a funny move on this ride!  She catches some air and gets bounced up off her tube.  When she comes back down, she lands back on the tube, only now she is being pulled backwards!  She grabbed back on to the tube and kept riding!  She said it was the scariest ride of her life because she couldn't see when a wave was coming up, Justin was just flying along beside her saying, "Hang on, here comes another one!!" :D

Justin and Joanna get some air in before they go flying off their tubes!


Justin goes flipping off his tube.


Justin actually stays on his tube for this ride and I'm the one that gets dumped!! :P


Justin thought he hurt me really bad when this wreck happened, but all he hit was my leg as he went tumbling!


Check out the jump Juliana gets in as Justin wrecks!!

Hope you enjoyed the tubing videos!
Now for some pictures of our weekend :)

On our way to Apache Lake Saturday morning we went by the Roosevelt marina.

Another view of Roosevelt Lake

The dam...

...the dam from downstream.


Cruising on Apache, the day was perfect!

 Juliana on the tube!

Joanna and Juliana





* * * * * * * * * * 


It was rainy, cold, and cloudy Sunday morning but we stayed on Roosevelt and listened to part of a message until it cleared up and the sun decided to warm us all!

 We found a cove that was perfect for wake boarding... there were some sailboats in there as well.

Yes, I actually tried wake boarding :)

Some ducks on the water...

 Roosevelt is the largest lake entirely located in the state of Arizona.
Both the reservoir and the dam that create the lake were named after President Theodore Roosevelt.


Love these two!!

We drove over by the dam for some pictures :)

Our crew!
A big "Thank You!!!" to Bro. Tim and Juliana for inviting us to go along!


...and the view as we pulled up the ramp to head home!

* * * * * * * * * *

Here are a few videos of Justin and I wake boarding on Roosevelt.


No, I'm not that great, but I really enjoyed it!


The water in the cove was so smooth!


My attempts at going out of the wake were unsuccessful!! :(


Justin was really good at wake boarding!


He got back over the wake nicely too :)


He tried pulling himself in without sinking when he was finished his ride :)

and that's it folks!!  Have a great day!

~Kaitlyn

5 comments:

Zoƫ said...

So jelly ;) I really, really am!!!
It looks like such a fun time, thanks for sharing all the videos...they tickled my funny bone :))

Luv ya!

Elisabeth@Treasuring the Moments said...

Looks like fun! I've never tried wake boarding. I wonder if I could even get out of the water? haha

Hope Chambless said...

HAHA!!!!!! that looks like fun!!! I bet you had a blast!:-).
The videos were hilarious!!!!!! fun post!!
Love you all!! God Bless.

Aunt Carol said...

Had fun watching all the videos. I think you are great @ wake boarding!! Looks like a beautiful place!! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Olivia said...

Lovely post! I loved all the pictures. They were awesome, and you and Justin make such a beautiful couple. :) Enjoyed the videos as well! Every time I see this sort of thing on your blog, I determine I've gotta try my hand at this stuff one day haha.