Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Skiing & Snowboarding Trip

The skiing and snowboarding trip after Harmony is something we all look forward to.  We drove up on Monday, and then skied all day Tuesday and Wednesday.  The weather was beautiful, we had the slopes to ourselves, and we got to have a blast with our friends!  This was Elainah and David's first time to ski and they did amazing!!  A big "Thank You!" to the Wallace family for putting this trip together!!

 The snowboarders strapping in at the top!

This was Micah David's first time to try snowboarding :)

Elainah and David started out on the bunny hill but it wasn't long before they were going down the main runs with everyone else!!

Joy and her friend Audrey



Uh oh, David!  I didn't realize I snapped this picture just as he was wrecking :P

 Lillia, Daddy, and Elainah


 David and Elainah

 Go David!


 David, Carol, Elainah, and Daddy

Ski Lift Buddies!! :)

Juliana



*     *     *     *     *

: Day Two :

 The drive from the condos where we stayed at night to the slopes in the morning, was beautiful.



Taking a break for lunch

I skied with my cousin, Joanna, after lunch.  It was so nice to spend some time with her!


 I love this shot of Zoe!  The powder on Wednesday was perfect!


 Zoe and Joanna

Lillia

Joshua Strite

Timothy

Joanna

Abraham

 Elainah, Justin, and I

Carol, Joy, Justin, and I

Joshua tried snowboarding on Wednesday and he blew us all away!  He caught on so fast it was amazing!  I think he has such good balance from riding unicycles for so many years.  He said that after trying snowboarding he's never going back to skis :)  


Wednesday was sunny, but the temp only got up to the mid thirties and it was very windy!

Every night after skiing the boys set up tables and chairs in the community hall back at the condos where we all stayed.  Each family brings something for the meal and we all have a wonderful evening  visiting together.  Wednesday was Carol's 14th birthday so Daddy picked up a cake to surprise her and we all sang Happy Birthday.  

*     *     *     *     *

I put a video together from clips I took on my phone and ones Justin took on the GoPro.  
Sorry for the jerkiness at times, we were trying to ski/snowbaord while videoing :) Enjoy!  

5 comments:

Joanna said...

I have been enjoying these posts, Kaitlyn! The ski/snowboarding video is awesome! It was so nice to see you again and to see your home! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Amazzzzing! Thanks for labeling the skiers. Once you're dressed you all look alike. :) Love the picture of you and Justin on the chair lift. I'm so impressed with the video compilation you put together, Kaitlyn. Adding that music was the perfect touch. G-mommy

Abigail said...

I loved the ski/snowboarding video......awesome memories.

Olivia said...

Ugh now I'm dying to hit the slopes again!!! haha. Everyone did a great job!

Olivia said...

Ugh now I'm dying to hit the slopes again!!! haha. Everyone did a great job!