Friday, December 25, 2015

Ice Skating & The Choo Choo Barn

Ice skating has always been one of my favorite things to do during the winter season.  One day we all went ice skating at the Lancaster Ice Rink and had so much fun!  It was only Justin's second time to go but he was really good!

David and his cone :)  The rink has them avalible for kids learning to skate.  They're easy to push across the ice and it warns other skaters that a newbie is coming through!!



Benjamin got a ride around the rink by standing on David's cone and getting pushed by Hope! :)





*     *     *     *     *     *     *

After ice skating we went to the Choo Choo Barn in Strasburg.  
During December if you come on a Friday and bring a canned good you can go through for free! 

The little details in the winter scenes are so cool!!  I love how they have a mini Turkey Hill cow getting pulled on the trailer! :P

 Looks like these zoo animals are ready for Christmas! lol

About every 10 minutes or so all the lights go dim so you can see everything "at night".  All the little town streetlights and Christmas lights at the houses come on.  It's really neat!

Benjamin had a good view of everything perched on Joshua's shoulders! :)

 Anyone need anything at the rummage sale?

An Amish schoolhouse

Looks like an Amish family is getting a new barn!

Justin thought this was funny, two guys racing their hot rods on a back road!


Some boys playing ball in the park...


 I thought this little store was cute :)

 Uh oh!  There's been an accident!

 This little mini Turkey Hill gas station even has the gas prices on their sign!


I love little details so here are a few videos I took of ones I thought were cool.


This car even has it's left turning signal blinking!


See the Amish man plowing his field?


There is a Dutch Wonderland set up, and the rides are ones that are actually at the theme park!

A boy enjoying his ride on a tire swing :)


5 comments:

Aunt Carol said...

Enjoyed this blog. You guys sure are good skaters--David was doing good w/o the cone too. I'd have to use a cone!! :-) Have never been to the Choo Choo Barn-it reminds me of Roadside America. Thanks for sharing!! Aunt Carol

Aunt Carol said...

Enjoyed this blog. You guys sure are good skaters--David was doing good w/o the cone too. I'd have to use a cone!! :-) Have never been to the Choo Choo Barn-it reminds me of Roadside America. Thanks for sharing!! Aunt Carol

Unknown said...

Awesome! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I would have missed many of the details you highlighted at the Choo Choo Barn, Kaitlyn. It's good you pay attention to detail and can share it with the rest of us global gazers. You start them ice-skating young in your family. It won't be long before David will be whizzing around like the rest. Benjamin's got the best idea!!! G-mommy

Olivia said...

Haha it was so adorable to see David making his way around the rink! He's gonna be a pro when he gets older! That video certainly makes me want to go ice skating again. Lilia's stop was impressive! No one told me how to stop when I first went ice skating last year, so I'm gonna have to try her move next time lol