Tuesday, July 7, 2015

House Update

We've added a few more things to our house in the past few months :)

A few weeks ago, a van hit a cow on the road just down from the Strite's house.  It had it's front legs broken so it had to be put down.  When Bro. Jared asked the owner what he was going to do with the cow he said they could just have it.  The Strite's shared some of the 300 pounds of ground beef, steaks, and roasts with us.  We needed a freezer for all that yummy meat so Justin and I went to town one Saturday afternoon and bought one.  It fits perfectly in the laundry room.

The same day we bought the freezer we bought a guest bed and headboard.  
The little red truck was quite loaded down!! :)

Justin's grandmother made this quilt for him.

Joshua and Joylin helped me make a table out of pallets to go in the entryway by our front door.  

All stained and ready to be decorated!! :)

I made a little table runner for it and put our guestbook and Bible from the wedding on it.

:: mowing the back yard ::

Our freshly mowed yard getting watered :) I love how green it's getting!

Of course I have to put some sunset pictures on here!!



Have a great day and thanks for checking our blog!
~Kaitlyn

4 comments:

Joanna said...

The quilt is beautiful! and I LOVE the entryway table!!
Nice update, Kaitlyn! :)

Unknown said...

Good job on the table! Good ol' red truck! Looked like all kinds of goodies on there....I would have loved to help unload! haha
I love the sunset views there.....how about some sunrise pictures?;O) haha
Enjoyed the post!
Aunt Melissa

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy reading your blog. Pictures of the sunset are beautiful!! Who would have thought that nice table was made from pallets!! Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

I check every day to see if there's a new posting. This one was especially nice. You've made a house your home, Kaitlyn. The quilt Justin's grandmother made is gorgeous. We have a pallet in our garage that I wish we could give you. Your Arizona family is great at repurposing pallets! The table is beautiful and I like the way you've decorated it. You have your mother's flair for decorating. XO Grandmommy