Monday, June 13, 2016

Sun, Smiles, & Sweet Sentiments

A few days ago I turned 19, which is hard for me to believe!!  
Justin was planning to take off for the day and surprise me but somehow I found out a few days before...oops!  He told me he had something planned for the day but I wasn't exactly sure what it was.  The night before he told me we would be going to Parker Canyon Lake and renting a kayak for the day!  We had the kayak for four hours and had a blast paddling around the lake.  It was definitely a wonderful birthday surprise!!

It was a perfect day for kayaking!

 Enjoying some shade from a tree on shore.


Checking to see if I was helping him paddle... I was busy taking pictures! :D



We were relaxing in the shade when we heard a turkey gobble so we paddled over for a closer look.

We also saw a few baby deer!

We ended the day by having dinner with Joylin and Joanna in Sierra Vista.  Afterwards, Justin and I went shopping for a bit before heading home.  Overall, the day was filled with lots of sun, happy smiles, and many fond memories.  Now it's on to my last year as a teen! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you definitely had a wonderful birthday! Spell check played a trick on you. So glad Justin made your day special. What I think of as a dry state sure has beautiful lakes. If the birthday girl wants to take pictures instead of paddling it's ok on her birthday only!!!XO Grandmommy