Monday, February 22, 2016

Tractor Days

The past few days I've been going to ride with Justin in the tractor while he plants alfalfa.  First you have to get the field all nice and smooth by disking it.  Those little mounds of dirt are gopher holes.

While I was waiting for him to finish his pass I took a quick time-lapse.
In reality he is only going 6 mph!

Planting the alfalfa.

Shawn and Justin filling the seed drill with more seed.

All neatly planted!

 quittin' time!  :)

The clouds were so pretty over the mountains, of course I had to take a picture!
A camera just doesn't capture the beauty though!


Not even a week after Justin finished planting, the seeds were already poking up through the soil!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice post! My favorite memory of tractor riding with Karl was when the seagulls would come in the spring and follow the tractor discing. They were after the bugs and worms. There were hundreds of them!
Aunt Melissa

Joanna said...

I'm enjoying the updates and seeing what your up too down in AZ! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you explained the time lapse tractor ride. Your weather looks delightful!!! Good for crops and people. I did see daffodils in bloom on Artis Drive today. Come on spring!
Grandmommy